How many WhatsApp groups can I join? A question that many users do not know; These days, the WhatsApp platform has become one of the most popular, widely used, and practical messengers around the world. Creating a group on WhatsApp and becoming a member of it or creating a channel in this program is one of the tricks of WhatsApp that increases the number of its users.
If you also use this social media, you are probably a member of some groups or channels. But if you want to create your channel or group for any purpose, including learning and educational activities, more coordination to carry out work activities, happy environments, friendly humor, etc., and know how many WhatsApp groups can I join? So it is better to follow the necessary training in this field.
After reading this article, you will learn how many WhatsApp groups can I join and how to create a channel on WhatsApp or a group, how to invite new people to this environment, or change privacy settings. So we suggest you stay with DrTricks.
How many WhatsApp groups can I join?
Users can enter multiple groups without restrictions, but WhatsApp limits the number of people who can be members of a group, and you can add up to 256 people to a WhatsApp group.
Create a group on WhatsApp
If you use WhatsApp, then you must already be familiar with the groups that can be set up on this platform. WhatsApp group is an environment where people can chat and communicate with each other, send photos, videos, and audio files to each other, edit group information, add new people to this space or join other groups. But how many WhatsApp groups can I join? Creating a group on WhatsApp is one of the best features of this messenger for organizing events, work plans, conducting lesson discussions, etc. What makes a WhatsApp group more special than a channel is that all members can chat in the group and exchange information.
Of course, it is worth mentioning that after creating a group on WhatsApp, you can only add a maximum of 256 people. Unlike Telegram, it is not possible to create groups with several thousand people in this application. But you are not limited to joining WhatsApp groups. Creating a WhatsApp group on Android and iOS devices is a little different, so follow one of the following methods depending on the type of operating system of your device.
How to create a WhatsApp group on an Android device
In this section, we are going to teach you step by step how to create a group on Android WhatsApp, edit the group name, how to change the privacy settings, and how to join the group. Therefore, before learning any new material, we must first create a new group. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Launch the WhatsApp messenger and tap on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then click on New Group.
- In this section, select the people you want to add to the group.
- After confirming your selected members, touch the arrow at the bottom of the screen.
- Now choose a suitable name and a desired photo for your group and click on the green tick at the bottom of the page.
So simply by doing the above five steps, you managed to create a WhatsApp group within seconds. Follow the article on how many WhatsApp groups can i join.
Add a new member to the WhatsApp group
If you want to invite a new user to this environment after creating a group on WhatsApp, do the following:
- Choose your group from the CHATS tab.
- Tap the group name at the top of the screen.
- In the window that appears, touch Add Participant.
- Now select your desired audience to be added to the group and confirm the operation by clicking the green tick at the bottom of the screen
Change privacy settings
If you have trouble adding people after creating a group on WhatsApp, follow the article on how many WhatsApp groups can i join. If you can’t add a specific person to the group or you don’t want someone to add you to new WhatsApp groups, you should change the WhatsApp privacy settings. This is a new feature that the creators of WhatsApp have recently made available to their users. By changing these settings, you can determine who is allowed to invite you to their groups. Follow the steps below to access these settings:
- After opening WhatsApp, tap on the three dots at the top of the screen.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select the Account option.
- In the window that appears, click on Privacy.
- Here, find and tap on the Groups option.
- At this stage, a page containing three options will be shown to you. All means that everyone can add you to their groups. My contacts state that only your contacts can invite you to their group. But by clicking on the last option, My contact except, a list of contacts will be shown to you. The people you specify in this section will not be allowed to add you to the new group.
Add a new member to the group using the invite link
As you have read, sometimes it is not possible to add people to the group easily. To solve this problem, it is necessary to invite him to the group privately using a temporary link. Then they can decide whether they want to accept the invitation or not.
Of course, remember that this invitation link is valid for three days. Therefore, after three days, this link has expired, and it is not possible to add to the group using it. If you want to do this, then follow the steps below. For more information, we recommend that you stay with the article until the end of how many WhatsApp groups can I join.
- After creating a group on WhatsApp, find your group from the CHATS tab and open it.
- Click on the group name at the top of the page.
- Tap on the Invite via link option.
- In a new window, a link will be shown to you. In the lower part of this link, according to the available options, you can directly send the link through WhatsApp to your desired people. Copy or share it with your other messengers through the Share link option. Also, if you don’t want to use this link, using the QR code is another solution for WhatsApp creators. You can click the QR code option and send the displayed code to the desired person. As a result, he can easily be added to your group by scanning this code. We suggest you stay with us until the end of the article; How many WhatsApp groups can I join?
Remove a group member
If, for any reason, you do not want someone to remain in your group, you must remove them. The simple way to do this is as follows:
- Open your group in the CHATS tab.
- Click on the group name at the top of the page.
- Find the desired person in the Participant section and place your finger on their name for a few moments.
- Now tap Remove in the new menu to remove the user from your group.
How to create a WhatsApp group on an iOS device
As we mentioned earlier, the way to create a group on WhatsApp is slightly different on Android and iOS devices. If you are using an iPhone or iPad, to create a new group, you must do the following:
- Run WhatsApp and click on the CHATS tab.
- Apply the New Group option at the top of the right page.
- Now tap on the names of the people you want to add to the group and tap Next to proceed to the next step.
- In this section, choose a desired name for your group.
- If you want, add a photo for the group’s profile.
- Finally, click on Create to complete the process of creating a WhatsApp group.
Add a new member to the WhatsApp group
After creating a group on WhatsApp and how many WhatsApp groups can i join, you need to know how to add a new member. Adding a new member to the group on iPhone is also possible in two ways, just like on Android. You can add up to 256 desired people to the group or send them an invitation link. To do this, you must follow the steps below:
- Open your WhatsApp group and tap on its title.
- Select More and then Group Info.
- If you want to add a new member directly, click Add Participants. If you want to send the group link to the people you want so that they can be added to the group if they want, then you should go to the Invite to Group via Link option.
Change iPhone privacy settings
If you don’t want everyone to be able to add you to their groups, you can limit them by doing the WhatsApp settings described below:
- Go to the Settings menu in WhatsApp.
- Select Account and then Privacy.
- Click on Groups among the displayed options.
- Now choose one of the three modes shown. Everybody allows all WhatsApp users to add you to their group. My contacts only allow your contacts to do this. If you want to create this restriction for all people, then you must apply the Nobody option. Stay with us in continuing the article; how many WhatsApp groups can I join?
Remove a group member
If you want to remove a member of your group, follow a few simple steps as follows:
- As with adding a new member, tap on the group title and select More.
- Then go to the Group Info section.
- From among the group members, touch the desired person’s name.
- Select the Remove from Group option and finally click on Remove.
Create a channel on WhatsApp
Creating a channel on WhatsApp is another feature of this popular platform. As you know, the channel is different from the group. The main difference is the non-participation of members in sending information. In other words, it can be said that in the channel, unlike the group, members cannot send messages but can only view the messages sent by the admin, provide feedback, and participate in polls if possible.
It should also be noted that to create a channel on WhatsApp, you must first refer to the previous steps of creating a group on WhatsApp because to create a channel, you first need to create a group on WhatsApp. In the following, the steps of creating a channel in WhatsApp for iPhone and Android are described.
Create a channel on WhatsApp on Android
To create a WhatsApp channel on your Android phone, follow the steps below after creating a group:
- Find your group in the CHATS menu and tap on it.
- Touch the three dots at the top of the screen.
- Select the Group info option.
- Click on Group setting.
- Select Send message in the next window.
- Now you will be shown two options. All participants specify that all group members are allowed to send messages. Here you need to select the Only Admins option. In this case, only the administrator can send desired messages to the group. After applying this option, you have succeeded in creating a channel on WhatsApp.
Also, keep in mind that in this case, members can change things like the name, photo, and other settings of the channel. If, as an administrator, you intend to prevent people from accessing these items, select the Edit group info option from the Group setting section. Finally, apply the Only Admins mode in this window. But in answer to the question of how many WhatsApp groups can i join, it can be said that there is no limit, and users can join several groups.
Share channel link
Sharing a WhatsApp channel link on Android devices is the same as sharing a group link on this platform. Therefore, we will not explain these steps anymore. If you plan to add a new member to the channel after creating it on WhatsApp, you can follow the instructions given in the section on adding a new member to the group using the invitation link.
Create a channel on WhatsApp on iPhone
Creating a channel in WhatsApp is also very simple and fast, just like the previous method, although slightly different. If you want to start your WhatsApp channel, then proceed as follows:
- First, it is necessary to create your group on the iPhone according to the explanations given in the previous sections.
- Then open the group page and tap on its name at the top.
- Select the Group Settings option.
- Now touch the Send messages option and set it to Only Admins mode. With this, only administrators can send messages to the group. So, by doing these few steps, your group will become a WhatsApp channel.
Another option on the Group Settings page is Edit Group Info. By placing this item on Only Admins mode, the access of all channel members except administrators to change and edit information is lost. As a last point, we should also mention the Edit Group Admins feature, which allows you to appoint other channel members as administrators.
Share channel link
Now that you have succeeded in creating a channel on WhatsApp, it is necessary to share this environment with other people, and you have reached the answer to the question of how many WhatsApp groups can i join. To learn this tutorial, stay with us in the final part:
- From the CHATS tab, find your channel and click on it.
- Tap on its name at the top of the page to display the relevant information.
- Select the Share option in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now the channel link is in front of your eyes. You can send this link or QR code to your friends using the options below.
As you have read, in this article, we have tried to describe step by step the steps of creating a group on WhatsApp, creating a channel on WhatsApp, and how many Whatsapp groups can i join. Therefore, we hope that from now on, you will not have any problems performing the above processes, and you can start your channel or group easily.