How to Add Text to Your TikTok Videos is relatively easy. Here are the steps you need to follow.
Have you joined TikTok and want to make your first video with subtitles, or have you been using the app for a while but want to type meaningful text directly on your video and find it difficult? Don’t worry, it only takes a few steps to do. In this article, we give you a step-by-step guide on how to Add Text to Your TikTok Videos. Stay tuned with Dr Tricks.
How to Add Text to Your TikTok Videos?
Adding text to TikTok videos is fairly simple, and you do it in the same editing menu where you add effects, sounds, and stickers.
Open the TikTok app on your mobile device. After recording or selecting the video you want to use, go to the Edit menu and follow these steps to add text directly to your video:
- In the video editing menu, tap the Text (Aa) icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Type the text you want to put on your video.
- Choose your desired color by tapping on one of the color dots.
- Just above the color options, select the font you want by tapping on each of the font names. For example, you can select the Handwriting option for italicized text.
- Tap the right alignment icon to the left of the font options to align your text to the left, center, or right.
- Select the highlighted A icon to add different styles to your text. For example, you can use that option to highlight your text. Tap that icon repeatedly to see the available options.
- After you finish typing the text, tap “Done”.
- Then you can adjust the text by dragging on the screen.
- Once you’re done adding text, tap Done again and select Next to upload your video.
Since TikTok now allows users to link videos together, if you like, you can add text to any of the linked videos.
All you have to do is repeat the steps highlighted above.
By repeating these steps and treating each piece of text as a separate element or tag, you can add multiple bits of text or put multiple words on your TikTok video.
After this step is over, you can add your subtitles and tags and send your TikTok video or save it to your drafts.
How to Add Text to Your TikTok Videos and Edit it
If you are not satisfied with your video, you can also edit the text. To do this, use the following steps:
- To edit your text, tap on the text. TikTok highlights the text with a box. Select Edit from the options that appear.
2. Then repeat your text to your liking and repeat the steps to add text to your video.
3. After making the edits, select Done.
Set the duration of the TikTok text and make the text disappear
To make things a little more creative, you can set the length of time you want the text to be displayed on your video as well. This means you can make the text disappear during the video if it expires before the video ends.
Use the following steps to determine how long words should appear in a TikTok video:
- Tap on the text you want to edit.
- From the options that appear, select Set duration.
- In the next sub-menu, drag the time slider to the left or right to adjust the duration of your text.
- To preview how to Add Text to Your TikTok Videos, tap the play icon above the time slider.
- When you’re done, tap the checkmark symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Using the duration option, you can control when your text plays when people are playing the video, and when the text disappears.
Why should you use text in your TikTok?
Adding text is an easy win for your TikTok content. Here are some reasons. Stay tuned for how to Add Text to Your TikTok Videos.
Don’t forget, if something doesn’t work, try something else! Experiment with different texts and font types until you find something that works for your brand.
The for You page is a relentless cascade of content. If you want to stand out, you have to attract people from the beginning. Put some eye-catching text in your video thumbnail and first few seconds.
The text on your page can also emphasize important parts of your message that you don’t want viewers to miss. So be sure to read How to Add Text to Your TikTok Videos at the end.
If you’re still not seeing the success you deserve, try TikTok marketing strategies and follow them up with some TikTok tricks.
Not everyone watches videos with sound. By including text in your videos, you can reach a larger audience.
You can also use text to help break up longer pieces and make it easier for viewers to understand what you’re saying.
Plus, TikTok is more accessible to deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers with text components, meaning you can reach more people.
The TikTok algorithm is less mysterious than it used to be, and video SEO is a real thing.
You can also optimize your TikTok SEO by including keywords in the text on your page.
TikTok has also said that using its features, such as effects and text, will have a positive impact on how your content ranks on the for You page.
Posting short and dynamic videos on TikTok can attract more audiences. Adding responsive text to your videos is also one of the things you can consider to add some variety to your content.
However, depending on why you use it, there are other ways you can get creative on TikTok.